Baby Journal Update: 6 Months

So, I’m a little late with this, but hey. What can you do? Seriously though, I can’t even believe it myself, but on the 21st, Jack turned 6 months old.

6 month old baby blog

That’s half a year. WHAT?! How did this happen? And even more importantly, how did SO much happen in this last month?


6 month old baby blog

I just went to look back on the post I did to celebrate his 5 Months of life, and saw how much has changed since then. I mean, he would change here and there from month to month, but I’m talking about a LOT happening in this past month, and the most happened in this past week! 

6 month old baby blog

Let’s start with some of the most exciting stuff, or at least exciting-me-to-me stuff. 

6 month old baby blog

He’s growing! As of the 21st, Jack is 18 lb. 6 oz., and 26” in length. He’s such a big boy, and I LOVE it! 

6 month old baby blog

Jack is now eating baby food once a day, which probably has something to do with his size. 

6 month old baby blog

His favorites seem to be the butternut squash, carrots and apricots with mixed fruit. I introduced him first to the veggies, and then the fruit, but he seems happiest with the veggies, most especially butternut squash.  He eats the food once a day, and it’s possible that it may even be his most favorite part of the day. Besides cuddle time, of course.

6 month old baby blog

Another exciting development is that Jack can now sit! On his butt! (Mostly) Without help!

6 month old baby blog

He loves feeling like a big boy too. He gets so frustrated when he falls over or looses his balance. It’s really quite amusing to see his disappointment, but he works hard to get it right each time.

6 month old baby blog

He gets frustrated when he can’t do things himself, like feed himself, or be mobile, but he’s getting there. 

6 month old baby blog

He sleeps on his belly, and spends a lot of time there in his waking hours, trying his darndest to crawl. Speaking of sleeps, about 75% of the time, he sleeps through the night. The other 25% of the time, he’s waking up around 2:30 a.m. for a cuddle and a bottle. No big deal. In fact, it’s sensational. 

6 month old baby blog

In terms of crawling, he’s almost got it, but there’s just a few kinks that he needs to work out. Like the leg-arm coordination. 

6 month old baby blog

Jack has really started to love being more present in his day-to-day too. What I mean is that he’s no longer just a lump sitting in his little seat, only in his own little bubble.

6 month old baby blog

No. He’s all up in ours now! It’s so awesome to see him engage in what we’re doing. He smiles, laughs, “talks,” reaches, feels, tries to stand, loves to sit and just be around us.  It’s a wonderful change, that’s for sure. 

6 month old baby blog

He’s become quite the feeler, too. He pets his hair, my hair, my face, blankets, the kitties… He’s loving exploring his world with touch.   

6 month old baby blog

He’s even handling things a lot better. Like getting shots for example. On his 6-month birthday, he also had his 6-month wellness check, which included some shots. Instead of a major meltdown, he cried when the needle went in his leg, and that was it. Boom. Done. He even smiled at the tech who stuck him with he needles! WHAT??? 

6 month old baby blog

Our little buddy sure is growing up, and I can’t wait for more! 

Katie
Follow me!

Katie

Katie Ogletree is the creator, writer and photographer of Slow Down and Savor, a food and lifestyle blog based out of Baltimore, MD. She is a graduate of Texas State University with a degree in Mass Communication, a wife of an amazing guy, and mother of two beautiful boys and three gorgeous kitties. She loves exploring Baltimore City and is excited to see what it’s all about through its food, and those that make it. She is a self-professed foodie of all classifications, from fine dining and conceptual fare to the simplest and sometimes messiest bar food around, and absolutely loves sharing it with anyone she can. Thanks for visiting Slow Down and Savor!
Katie
Follow me!

Latest posts by Katie (see all)

You might like these!

One thought on “Baby Journal Update: 6 Months

  1. Patti Lewis

    Wow. Worth the wait for sure. I’m so excited to be seeing you all (almost said y’all) soon!

Leave a Comment